[nycphp-talk] Inventory Management in PHP?

Ophir Prusak lists at prusak.com
Thu Mar 4 11:46:33 EST 2004

Hi All,

I've been tasked to find a solution to an Inventory Management issue one
of our clients currently has.

Currently they use a central Excel spreadsheet for their inventory
management.
They manage items which are sold on a date basis (think TV advertising).

When a sales person wants to know inventory status, make a reservation
or commit to a sale, they phone the spreadsheet owner to make their
inquiry or request.
I'm looking for a simple PHP open source web based solution to this.
Users could check inventory status, make a reservation or commit to a
sale all through the web interface.
The administrator could setup the different types of products and change
inventory levels (when new products come in) as well administer the
system's users.
It's important for the solution to be "date based". For example, a user
could see what's available for the month of Jan in the 8:00 - 9:00 PM slot.

Has anyone ever used anything like this ?

I know this is a pretty straight forward project, but no point in
re-inventing the wheel.

Thanx
Ophir