[nycphp-talk] we need a PEAR book / db

jon baer jonbaer at jonbaer.net
Fri Mar 5 12:16:38 EST 2004

i actually meant to ask this @ the last meeting ...

much of the core PHP stuff seems to be useless (maybe) without its
surrounding plugins/extensions/and PEAR ... I strongly beleive that if much
of what goes on (like PearDB) was completely built-in to PHP itself you
would have alot more people jumping into it - there seems to be no movement
for that (in PHP5 or discussion) ... which is odd because it already
contains a few built in classes.  Is there a flipside to creating good
extensions and then building them directly into the core so that they show
up in programming books + tutorials on their own?

- jon