[nycphp-talk] we need a PEAR book / db

Daniel Convissor danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Fri Mar 5 13:09:02 EST 2004

Howdy Jon:

On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 12:16:38PM -0500, jon baer wrote:

> much of the core PHP stuff seems to be useless (maybe) without its
> surrounding plugins/extensions/and PEAR

But if everything was built in, PHP would be a lot slower and bloated.
The extensions allow users to pick and choose what they need in order to
have the most efficient system possible.

By the way, there is a movement to unify all of the database functions,
which could ultimately obviate the need for PEAR DB, et al.

Lata,

--Dan

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/