[nycphp-talk] OT - IDE Raid cards

Alan T. Miller amiller at criticalmedia.biz
Thu Mar 11 15:58:42 EST 2004

I do not reccomend the Promise Controller if you plan to run Linux. I got
stuck with two machines that had a built in promise IDE RAID controller and
ended up having to disable the onborad promise controllerse and go with
software RAID because they do not support the latest linux kernels. If you
do not mind running outdated kernels with security problems, than perhaps
the promise controller will be fine. If you are a concerned linux admin,
than it is best to steer clear of the promise RAID controller all together.

Alan