[nycphp-talk] Does PHP (versions 4+) offer an alternative to Java RMI?

felix zaslavskiy felix at students.poly.edu
Thu Mar 11 23:54:09 EST 2004

xml_rpc is certainly not a replacement for java rmi
xml_rpc is simply a by value type of remote call while java rmi offers
access to java objects as if you are accessing them by reference on
local machine.

In php there is probably nothing like rmi because the execution model is
not similar. You be better of use xml_rpc or a simple HTTP POST

> Phil Powell wrote:
>
> > Has anyone ever done anything like this before?
>
> I haven't done anything like this but you might want to check out
> xml_rpc. http://us2.php.net/manual/en/ref.xmlrpc.php
> http://www.xmlrpc.com/
>
> Scott Mattocks

felix[at]bebinary.com