[nycphp-talk] [ot] Red Hat Fedora - should i upgrade?

David Mintz dmintz at davidmintz.org
Thu Mar 18 09:29:37 EST 2004

I too am wringing my hands over what to do post-RH9. I wonder:  wouldn't
it be possible to stay with RH9 indefinitely and keep it up to date using
one of those tools other than up2date?

Meanwhile I've also looked at some Fedora reviews. Most have been
positive. That would seem the most logical successor. But I am also
thinking about giving Mandrake another shot -- I tried 9.x but it had
just a few too many annoyances that I wasn't able to work out.

Has anyone had experience with Gentoo? It seems intriguing, and they
certainly seem to think highly of themselves (-: http://www.gentoo.org/

Alas, you never know how it's gonna work out on your machine until you try
it. Too bad we don't have a couple weeks to spend just playing with
distros.

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004, John Lacey wrote:

> you may also want to check out Mandrake 10 Community at my fav
> store:
>
> http://www.edmunds-enterprises.com/linux/index.php
>
> John
>

> jon baer wrote:
> >>FC2 is due out soon and will use the 2.6 kernel. May also have a more
> >>current MySQL too.

---
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/

        "Anybody else got a problem with Webistics?" -- Sopranos 24:17