[nycphp-talk] readfile make single and double quotes odd characters.

leam leam at reuel.net
Sun Mar 28 20:16:38 EST 2004

Chris Shiflett wrote:
> I remembered the software that gets rid of the Microsoft stuff in
> documents. It's called the demoroniser, and you can find it here:
>
> http://www.fourmilab.ch/webtools/demoroniser/
>
> Chris

It's weirder than that. If I look at the same document on my two local
machines they look fine. Even if I sftp one back from the remote host it
looks fine. But a vi on the remote host shows the odd character code for
the " and ' characters.

Can't blame MS on this one, much as I'd like to...

ciao!

leam