[nycphp-talk] Which XMLRPC server/client do you use?

Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg adam at trachtenberg.com
Tue Mar 30 01:22:50 EST 2004

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, Faber Fedor wrote:

> The XML-RPC from the O'Reilly book is now working, but I'm a bit
> bothered that there isn't any traffic in the orums for over two years
> and that other people had questions like I did and never got answers.
> I'd like to find something with a bit more support.

I would like to propose the PEAR XML-RPC class. It's a vital part of
PEAR (i.e. the whole system fails to function if it's broken), so you
know it's going to be supported.

David Sklar's new "Essential PHP Tools: Modules, Extensions, and
Accelerators" (Apress) has a whole chapter on PEAR's XML-RPC
class. There's also the PEAR Manual
(http://pear.php.net/manual/en/package.webservices.php).

This package isn't as fast as the bundled C extension (libxmlrpc), but
that code is essentially orphaned, AFAIK. So, while it may work,
you're on your own for support.

-adam

adam at trachtenberg.com
author of o'reilly's php cookbook
avoid the holiday rush, buy your copy today!