[nycphp-talk] PHP Quebec Conference

Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg adam at trachtenberg.com
Tue Mar 30 13:24:47 EST 2004

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, Hans Zaunere wrote:

> Back from Montreal and the PHP Quebec Conference.  With apparently no
> more phpCon either in the West or East, I'd recommend Quebec.  The
> turnout was huge, and the conference, talks, and activities were very
> well put together and organized.  Damien Seguy and the PHP Quebec team
> did a great job, and I strongly recommend it as a PHP conference in
> North America.

I had a great time. Lots of interesting people.

Best thing about the conference is that they really do speak French up
there! Even better than trying to get a Canadian to say "about." :)

Also, there's some good prices on liquor served up the duty free on the
way home.

-adam

adam at trachtenberg.com
author of o'reilly's php cookbook
avoid the holiday rush, buy your copy today!

>From hans not junk at nyphp.com  Tue Mar 30 14:07:09 2004
> > Back from Montreal and the PHP Quebec Conference. With apparently no
> > more phpCon either in the West or East, I'd recommend Quebec. The
> > turnout was huge, and the conference, talks, and activities were
very
> > well put together and organized. Damien Seguy and the PHP Quebec
team
> > did a great job, and I strongly recommend it as a PHP conference in
> > North America.
>=20
> Sounds great. When's NYPHP-Con? :-)

Well... maybe not too far off :)

NYPHP, along with some of the larger groups in NY like NYCBUG and NYLUG,
is considering an informal get-together this summer in Central park,
some thereabouts.  It wouldn't be PHP specific, but certainly a great
way to meet with others in various Open Source circles.