[nycphp-talk] re: Wiki anti-spam CAPTCHA patch: $_SESSION conflict

Jayesh Sheth jayeshsh at ceruleansky.com
Tue May 11 22:38:23 EDT 2004

Hi Hans,

thanks for the followup on my previous session-conflict thread.

I think what was happening was that on Windows my session files could be
renamed / overwritten, but on a (shared) Linux server that did not work.
I might be wrong about this though ...

Also, a good topic for a Phundamentals article might be incorporating
anti-spam measures (such as Captcha code generators) into web
applications / scripts (e.g. Wikis, blog comment forms, email-this-page
forms, etc).

Best Regards,

- Jay