[nycphp-talk] using PHP for an offline / CD-ROM presentation

Scott Mattocks crisscott at netzero.com
Wed May 26 11:27:23 EDT 2004

Jayesh Sheth wrote:

> * PHP-GTK - http://gtk.php.net/ + SQLite
> I looked into PHP-GTK and played with it a bit. It looks nice, but I am
> still confused by the wide variety of tools available for it, especially
> on Windows. And I am not sure if PHP-GTK programs can talk to SQLite. If
> they can, I am not sure how to package my PHP-GTK programs along with
> the PHP binary and the SQLite database  on a CD. Can anyone recommend a
> good book on PHP-GTK ?

PHP-GTK is not much more than a CLI program that creates its own GUI.
Anything you can do with a "normal" PHP application you can do with
PHP-GTK.  Unfortuanately I haven't found any books dedicated to PHP-GTK
yet.  Adam and David's PHP Cookbook does have a chapter on PHP-GTK
though.  For me the hardest part of getting any GUI stuff running was
trying to get PHP-GTK installed with all of the goodies.  I still can't
get Scintilla to work with it.

Scott Mattocks