[nycphp-talk] when PHP outsourcing is not cheap any more

Mitch Pirtle mitchy at spacemonkeylabs.com
Thu May 27 10:45:53 EDT 2004

Phillip Powell wrote:

> $500/wk would get me a TV dinner, after spending $750/mo on rent,
> $500/mo on car payments,
> $100/mo on utilities, $100 on car insurance, $120/mo on gas and
> $250/mo on debts.
>
> Haven't even won a $15 project yet.  Not that I'm looking at this point.

My old pad was $3000/month on the Upper East Side.  Now I got twice the
pad for half the money, and I'm one block from the ocean (Brooklyn).
Fuhgeddaboudit!  $500/week and I'd have to live in an empty Westinghouse
box!

The humourous side of this outsourcing drama is that the outsourcers are
getting outsourced, too...  Just look at Kuala Lumpur and Singapore, not
to mention Hong Kong.  I suppose Australia is next?

-- Mitch