[nycphp-talk] [OT] Virtual Dedicated Servers

Michael mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu
Thu Nov 4 11:02:28 EST 2004

> you are stuck with Plesk.

Plesk annoyed the fsck out of me so I removed it. These ease of use
tools are not the way to have god like powers over your servers. :)

> After years in this business, I have just sort of settled into the
> opinion that there is no perfect Web host and I will always have some
> kind of problem, whomever I choose.

I'm happy with my hosting company. They are about as perfect as humanly
possible in that they provide the server and the bandwidth to
specifications and stay out of my way and let me do the rest. That's all
I ask really. The one time I had a server go down was a bit slow but it
turned out that the machine had multiple things go wrong with it such
that they replaced one part that was blown and thinking the machine was
repaired put it back in service. Shortly after a part damaged when the
first part blew managed to blow out taking the replacement part with it.
Annoying but frankley not the hosting companies fault. These things
happen and they were very responsive to fixing things as quickly as
possible.

--
Michael <mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu>
http://kavlon.org