[nycphp-talk] webservices anyone (MySQL replication)

Hans Zaunere hans at nyphp.com
Mon Nov 8 16:49:52 EST 2004

> > > http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Replication.html
> > >
> > >(needs at least version 4.1 )
> >
> > It does work with earlier versions. I've done replication with
3.23.x

> But maybe it's considerably more reliable in 4.1 ? Because I played
with
> it in 4.0.x on 2 Windows boxes for quite a while and the slave kept
> falling out of sync and giving up. I myself got annoyed and gave up
(for
> now).

MySQL replication has been solid since 3.23.x, and improved greatly in
4.0 (binary log).  Not many changes in 4.1.

Replication in 4.0 is solid, and drives many large sites, data sets,
etc.  I was onsite not too long ago that was replicating 2000 INSERTS/s
across three slaves.

---
Hans Zaunere, Sales Engineer
MySQL, Inc.  www.mysql.com