[nycphp-talk] sessions and load balancing

Michael mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu
Mon Nov 8 21:36:07 EST 2004

> At the point where traffic becomes so great that load balancing is in
> order, what happens to sessions?
>
> Put another way:
>
> For applications using sessions, what are some strategies for being
> able to scale to a multiple box level?

I save my session data to my db and thus can load balance my webservers
with no issues when it comes to sessions. It appears MySQL now lets you
properly cluster database servers too so you can spread that load across
multiple machines too. Can't wait to try it. :)

--
Michael <mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu>
http://kavlon.org