[nycphp-talk] PHP CMS Product Recommendation...

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 09:01:57 EST 2004

Disclaimer:  I am a core developer of Mambo, so my enthusiasm may be
just a tad over the top ;-)

I've been designing, implementing and migrating CMS since 1995, and
now work on the Mambo project (www.mamboserver.com).  I'm constantly
evaluating both commercial and FOSS systems, and can help there if you
have a short list for review.

One way to try before you download is to go to Open Source CMS
(www.opensourcecms.com) where you can demo one of many different ones
- note that the site is powered by Mambo ;-)

I like Mambo because it is simple, lightweight, and has a huge 3rd
party community providing image galleries, shopping carts, events
calendars, thumbnail generators, flash animated analog clocks, and
anything else you would want.  The biggest source for add-ons is
MamboForge (mamboforge.net), where you can search or browse through
what is available.

-- Mitch, wondering what the plural form for CMS is