[nycphp-talk] lazy initialization woes

Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg adam at trachtenberg.com
Wed Nov 10 20:50:24 EST 2004

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, Jason Perkins wrote:

> Failing this method, does anyone have any other suggestions on
> implementing this type functionality?

The first thing I would do is try is to sloppy way and just
instantiate every object. I would then benchmark the performance and
see if it's acceptable.

Why stress out over a complicated programming solution when the easy
one may work perfectly fine?

Alternatively, it may be as simple as putting more RAM in your boxes,
which would be far less than the development time necessary to write
and maintain this.

-adam

adam at trachtenberg.com
author of o'reilly's "upgrading to php 5" and "php cookbook"
avoid the holiday rush, buy your copies today!