[nycphp-talk] PEAR XML-RPC server does not like carriage returns (details enclosed)

Jayesh Sheth jayeshsh at ceruleansky.com
Sun Nov 21 15:21:26 EST 2004

Hi all,

I think I found the bug report that might be relevant to the issue I am
describing:

http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=1604

This might be of use to others who want to patch the PEAR XML-RPC library
themselves (or install a renamed, modified one locally to use along with
theirs scripts).

I have a feel though that other bugs are working in collusion with this
one to prevent the jsolait JavaScript XML-RPC client library from working
correctly with the PEAR XML-RPC server library on PHP versions of 4.3.5
and higher.

If anyone has insight into (the nuances and contributing factors to) this
issue, I would greatly appreciate this. (I should probably offer a better
"reward" to the smart PHP developers out there: how about a whole pie of
Brooklyn-made Grandmama's pizza for the first person who has insight into
this one.)

Thanks,

- Jay