[nycphp-talk] Marginally OT: dedicated hosting

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 22:21:40 EDT 2004

I have quite a few sites, from different clients, all with separate
email, some with MySQL, others with PostgreSQL, some in PHP, others in
python, and I have to keep their backups segregated.

For a one-man army this is a PITA.  So paying $20 monthly is worth it
for me.  Nighly is fine.  And no, I don't want to backup 3GB of IMAP
over my puny little DSL line every night...

There are dedicated providers out there that have backup as an option.
 If you really need hourly backup, then you need your own server, no?