[nycphp-talk] Marginally OT: dedicated hosting

Rolan Yang rolan at omnistep.com
Sun Oct 17 09:54:55 EDT 2004

I started out with dedicated machines at Exodus, then moved to Dialtone
(Miami center), which was bought out by Interland, then to
Rackshack.net. I also have a virtual server with johncompanies as a
backup. With the exception of Exodus, I still run machines at all the
above data centers. I have set up a web of nagios machines at those
sites (and a few others) monitoring  each other for uptime.

Rackshack as decent prices and offer plenty of bandwidth (Haven't
shopped around lately so I don't know if they are still competitive).
Johncompanies offers reasonable prices and prompt personal service.
Dialtone used to be a very reliable provider, but after they were bought
out by Interland everything went down the tubes. I still host some
servers with them only because it is a pain to migrate services that
require 24/7 uptime.

~Rolan