[nycphp-talk] PHP STRING QUESTION

SALMAN MAZHAR salmaz8347 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 19 13:49:49 EDT 2004

Hello everyone,

My name is Salman Mazhar. I have a script that searches for a keyword in a
text file. I am able to search the word using the stristr() function in php.
This function is non-case sensitive. However, I want to display the searched
word in the line as highlighted in a different color than the line. I use
the str_replace() function and replace the word with the word in red color
but the str_replace() function is case-sensitive. If I am searching for the
word Computer and I type in upper case C, its only going to replace those
instances of computer that begin with upper case C and leave the rest of
them without any color change. Does anyone know how to get around this
problem?

Thanks.
Sincerely Yours,
Salman Mazhar.