[nycphp-talk] Best recommendations for SWF -> PHP -> SWF

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 10:32:36 EDT 2004

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 10:26:43 -0400, Phillip Powell
<phillip.powell at adnet-sys.com> wrote:
> Cool just a terminology issue, that I can deal with.  Thanx.. I'll have
> to take a crash course in ActionScript I believe, along with finding a
> free (open source?) Flash decompiler since the client nor myself can
> reach the original web designer with the .fla files.

Sounds like yet another web developer that deserves a visit from
cousin Vinny and his aluminum baseball bat, and Vinny don't like
baseball, knowhatimean?

*sigh*

A smart solution could be to bring in another Flash designer to
recreate the original, but tell them that they will need to include
external variables in their version to accommodate the updating text.
That way you have something to work with, and is much more attractive
than a shot in the dark at reverse engineering a binary that lacks the
functionality your client needs anyway.

Just reviewed SAMS' "Flash MX Professional 2004 UNLEASHED" (ISBN:
0-672-32606-X), and can say that the 300-plus pages dedicated to
ActionScript 2.0 are an excellent reference on the subject.

-- Mitch