[nycphp-talk] news to know about - rapid DNS working

corey szopinski corey at domanistudios.com
Fri Sep 10 11:29:50 EDT 2004

I¹ve also had good luck with lowering the TTL a few days before a transfer.
I¹ve been able to get many transfers to go through in about an hour that
way.

There¹s been some confusion here after reading that press release, and I bet
a few people on this list know the answer. Since this press release is from
Verisign, it automatically includes Network Solutions, correct? Would it
influence any of the other registrars, like Dotster or Register.com? Does
Verisign also control the root servers?

-corey

On 9/10/04 11:19 AM, "Ajai Khattri" <ajai at bitblit.net> wrote:

> inforequest wrote:
>
>> > Just a heads up so you don't get caught re-stating the same old "it'll
>> > take a few days for the NDS changes to propagate around the Internet"....
>> >

>> http://www.verisign.com/verisign-inc/news-and-events/news-archive/us-news-200
>> 4/page_015894.html
>> >

>> > It seems to be working .. it took from last night to after lunch today
>> > for a change to resolve.
>

> You can speed up DNS updates merely by lowering the TTL. All Verisign
> are doing artifically is increasing the rate of manual zone transfers
> instead of relying solely on the TTL.
>
> --
> Aj.
> Systems Administrator / Developer