[nycphp-talk] register_shutdown_function & parameter passing

Fan, Wellington wfan at VillageVoice.com
Fri Sep 17 17:11:53 EDT 2004

Hello all,
Is there any way one can pass parameters to the function registered by
'register_shutdown_function()'?

See, I was thinking that I need a way to 'lock' a resource for the duration
af a script. I'd insert a record into a locking table with a unique userId,
then the unlock function would be registered via
register_shutdown_function(), THOUGH it would need the userID....

I *could* use a global I guess, but that seems messy.

Any thoughts?

--
Wellington