[nycphp-talk] [OT] Furthermre -- I mean Furthermore -- Copyright Dispute over Mambo Code

Tim Gales tgales at tgaconnect.com
Sat Sep 25 06:56:47 EDT 2004

Apparently, Brian Connolly of Furthermore Inc.
claims that Mambo has unlawfully used some of
it's code.

I am interested in the case because (as nearly as
I can make out) Mambo's position is that since the
Furthermore work is derived from GPL code it must also
be GPL'd, which would be true (as I understand GPL)
if it were published -- which it was not.

This type of situation seems very muddy to me.
If anyone knows of a link to something along
the lines of 'GPL licensing for dummies' I would
appreciate learning of it.

(maybe you could send it to me offlist --
this has very little to do, at least directly,
with PHP )

T. Gales & Associates
'Helping People Connect with Technology'

http://www.tgaconnect.com