[nycphp-talk] Publishing on the New York PHP website

Hans Zaunere hans at nyphp.com
Sun Sep 26 21:37:54 EDT 2004

> >you should start up a code example section on the NYPHP site, where
> >people can submit examples etc.. like on
> >http://www.weberdev.com/CodeExamples.php
> >
> >i post all of my stuff there but if i could contribute to NYPHP as
> >well it would be nice.
> >

> I think sharing code examples is a great idea.
>
> I would think NYPHP is in a unique position for peer-reviewed
> publishing, which appears to be the intent of amppeers and
> phundamentals. In my opinion there are enough advertising-supported,
> low-barrier-to-entry publishing venues already.
>
> My quick look at weberdev's code section tells me it is an ad-revenue
> content aggregator more than anything else (many "published" code
> examples showing several thousand views, zero feedback comments, and
at
> least one interstitial ad plus one inline ad for each page view).

Agreed... there could be great benefit to the community with a properly
managed project.

This type of project has come up before, and I have some notes from
people regarding some great ideas.  Unfortunately, the project didn't
get picked up because of time constraints.

Someone should step forward to lead the effort and become a NYPHP
Principal member - let me know and I can share my notes to get you
started.