[nycphp-talk] Deconstructing google maps

Jayesh Sheth jayeshsh at ceruleansky.com
Tue Apr 5 15:30:24 EDT 2005

Hi Rolan,

thanks for your follow-up post. Glad you found it useful ... I had been
looking for a public domain zip database for some time. Companies such
as Melissa Data provide similar data on demand, but that of course costs
$$$.

Your deconstruction looks interesting, but perhaps the math is a bit
over my head. I can handle standard PHP programming, database design and
heck, even funny creations such as XUL, but mentions of regressions
bring up (somewhat frightening) memories of the managerial economics
class I had in college with professor Erfle. (It was the 'make-or-break'
course for one of my majors.)

I will take a look at the stuff you posted, and try to figure out how it
all works ... If I have something useful to say, I'll email you or post
it here.

Also - feel free to post any code snippets to the AMPeers section at
Clew under 'Code Snippets':
http://clew.nyphp.org/clew/education/ampeers#/education/ampeers

I will posting some stuff to the code snippets section at AMPeers  reg.
fixing PHPMyAdmin's failure to put quotes around timestamp values in
exported SQL files. (This problem can cause your export of 100,000 rows
to be useless because MySQL expects quotes around values such as
2004-09-12 22:59:51 ).

Best regards,

- Jay Sheth