[nycphp-talk] [OT] Apache2 INIT script

Andrew Yochum andrew at plexpod.com
Thu Aug 4 11:14:59 EDT 2005

On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 10:33:25AM -0400, Nasir Zubair wrote:
> Thank Andrew. I just added OPTIONS="-DSSL" to my
> /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd. Worked like a charm.

Excellent.  FYI, this works by defining a variable that trips apache's
config into loading the SSL module.  It is most likely in a block like
this in your apache config:

  <IfDefine SSL>
    <IfModule !mod_ssl.c>
      LoadModule ssl_module    extramodules/mod_ssl.so
    </IfModule>
  </IfDefine>

Followed by the SSL config wrapped in a block that is conditional based
on the module being loaded like:
  <IfModule mod_ssl.c>
  #SSL config...
  </IfModule>

> It gave me a chuckle to see "-DSSLing httpd:" instead of "Starting httpd" :-)

It is satisfying to see a flexible config systems work as expected and
needed, huh? :-)

Regards,
Andrew

--