[nycphp-talk] Apache look back functionality and PHP

Mark Withington mwithington at PLMresearch.com
Thu Aug 4 12:52:37 EDT 2005

I've been trying to use a PHP front-end script for Imagemagick as described
at evolt.org (see http://www.evolt.org/article/PHP_front-end
<http://www.evolt.org/article/PHP_front-end> _to_ImageMagick/17/55650/ )
The script relies upon $_SERVER['PATH_INFO'] and  Apache's look back to find
the front-end script (magick.php).  The idea of the magick.php script is to
accept Imagemagick commands embedded in a URL.

Abstract:

"The script will enable us to give convert commands by changing the query
string. Maybe a simple example will better explain this idea. You've got an
image: http://wwww.example.com/img/image.jpg. You copy the ImageMagick
script magick.php to the same directory. The image is now also available as
http://www.example.com/img/magick.php/image.jpg. So far, your image hasn't
changed. Now, imagine you want a thumbnail of the image with a width of
exactly 200 pixels. You can get that image by requesting the url:
http://www.example.com/img/magick.php/image.jpg?resize(200)."

For the life of me, I can't get Apache to look back and find the magick.php
script, rather it simply looks at image.jpg and assumes it's a subdirectory.
Has anyone had any experience with this script (a PHP front-end to
ImageMagick as described at evolt.org) or Apache's look back functionality?

--------------------------
Mark L. Withington
PLMresearch