[nycphp-talk] OT: 16 bit subsystem problem - printer driver install

Jeff Siegel jsiegel1 at optonline.net
Thu Aug 4 18:45:20 EDT 2005

Wonder if anyone encountered this. I'm trying to install a printer driver on
WinXP Pro. The driver is in the form of a self-unzipping exe. Once unzipped,
it tries to run the setup procedure but an error message appears that
mentions the inability to run a 16 bit subsystem. I've tried the following:

a) Running from a DOS prompt
b) Setting the "compatibility" properties for setup.exe.

Needless to say (but of course...I'm saying it), nothing has worked.

Is there something I'm overlooking?

Jeff