[nycphp-talk] Is the web's love affair with PHP over?

michael lists at genoverly.net
Fri Aug 5 08:03:40 EDT 2005

http://www.theregister.com/2005/08/04/php_evans/

The Register is the second source in as many days reporting this
headline. Obviously, in our world, PHP is vibrant and strong.  But, if
the macro signs are pointing toward a downward trend, should we be at
least a *little* alarmed?

This may sound naive, but.. do they really think ASP and JSP are
replacing PHP in the world?

Is this just a stunt so Zend can hand out Netcraft numbers and use its
name in the same sentense as "Intel, SAP, Oracle and IBM"?  Let's see a
raise of hands.. who is going to run PHP on IIS?

Michael