[nycphp-talk] Is the web's love affair with PHP over?

Tim Gales tgales at tgaconnect.com
Fri Aug 5 08:36:49 EDT 2005

On Friday 05 August 2005 08:03 am, michael wrote:
> http://www.theregister.com/2005/08/04/php_evans/
>
> The Register is the second source in as many days reporting this
> headline. Obviously, in our world, PHP is vibrant and strong.  But, if
> the macro signs are pointing toward a downward trend, should we be at
> least a *little* alarmed?
>
> This may sound naive, but.. do they really think ASP and JSP are
> replacing PHP in the world?

It strikes me that it is the other way 'round
ASP and JSP are established -- and it is PHP which
is doing the replacing...

Not replacing existing stuff, of course --
but creating an alternative for new projects.

IBM legitimized personal computers in an era
when you could find personal computers right
next to the toy section in Radio Shack.

I think IBM's support for PHP will make some people
look at PHP in a different light.

--
T. Gales & Associates
'Helping People Connect with Technology'

http://www.tgaconnect.com