[nycphp-talk] FW: Is the web's love affair with PHP over?

edward potter edwardpotter at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 09:34:29 EDT 2005

True Story:

Startup spends 3 million over 18 months trying to offer a Java
solution.  Can't get it to work. PHP programmer comes in,  does 90% of
the project over the weekend. Ask VC, lets get the thing out the door.
 VC says has to be written in Java, programmer says "WTF?".  Makes no
sense at all.  Why Java?  VC says,  "We heard Java was the buzz. I
have zero interest in programming languages _ as long as I can say we
used "Java, Java, Java" to our investors, I keep on getting paid."

Needless to say 3 months later they folded.  25 people out of work.

Food for thought!   :-) ed