[nycphp-talk] Experts help needed (Sessions)

Joseph Crawford codebowl at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 16:34:35 EDT 2005

This has all been a learning experience for me as i have never done anything
with sessions aside from using PHP's default file based sessions.

I have posted my code for you experts to view so that maybe i can get some
constructive criticism to make the code even better. Feel free to use this
code in your applications if you feel you want to ;)

init.php - http://codebowl.dontexist.net/csaf/sessions/init.phps
test.php - http://codebowl.dontexist.net/csaf/sessions/test.phps
test2.php - http://codebowl.dontexist.net/csaf/sessions/test2.phps
test3.php - http://codebowl.dontexist.net/csaf/sessions/test3.phps
session.php - http://codebowl.dontexist.net/csaf/sessions/session.phps
iuser.php - http://codebowl.dontexist.net/csaf/sessions/iuser.phps
user.php - http://codebowl.dontexist.net/csaf/sessions/user.phps
client.php - http://codebowl.dontexist.net/csaf/sessions/client.phps
contractor.php - http://codebowl.dontexist.net/csaf/sessions/contractor.phps
admin.php - http://codebowl.dontexist.net/csaf/sessions/admin.phps

again i would like to get some suggestions, flames, whatever about my code,
if you cant look at it now please look at it when you have some extra time
;)

I have finally gotten everything to work (well almost). I have the session
output showing all active sessions aside from your own session because the
icon and page change was always one page refresh behind. However everything
works perfect if i dont show the current users session info.

I would also like to thank all of those whom have contributed to this email
and led my mind down roads which i may not have thought of right away ;)
Thanks for all the help guys.

I think my next step is to implement a using function like you would see in
.NET so that i can do

using('lib.auth") and have it include all the files in that dir ;)

--
Joseph Crawford Jr.
Codebowl Solutions, Inc.
codebowl at gmail.com