[nycphp-talk] http analyzer

Nasir Zubair nasir81 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 19:47:36 EDT 2005

If you still want to view the full response from browser, you can
always use telnet.

to view nyphp.org/index.php

# telnet nyphp.org 80
GET /index.php HTTP/1.1
Host: nyphp.org

You need to press ENTER twice after "host: ..." line, to let the
webserver know that you are done typing in your request. That'll show
you the exact response including the headers and HTML.

BTW, this is from Mr. Shiflett's book, HTTP Developer's Handbook.

On 7/30/05, pete <credulity at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Chris,
>
>  For some reason I had this fixation that I had to see the actual html text
> in the http analyzer.
>
>  I realized after I wrote the email that as you have stated the view source
> in a browser pretty much meets all my needs.  Who knows what I was thinking.
>  DUH
>
>  Thanks for responding,
>  Pete
>

> pete wrote:
>
> What I want to see is simply the html of a web site.
>
>  Most browsers have an option to view source. Is this different than what
> you're wanting to do?
>
>  Chris

Nasir Zubair
http://www.nasir.us/