[nycphp-talk] [OT] SSH keys: what am I doing wrong?

Tim Sailer sailer at bnl.gov
Wed Aug 10 13:07:34 EDT 2005

On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 09:35:15AM -0400, David Mintz wrote:
> As for the passwordlessness, yes of course you're right. Problem is there
> are some things cron does over ssh from here to other machines out there
> (outside out intranet) and I haven't figured out how to do them with --
> pardon them expression? -- nonpasswordless keys. I have read somewhere
> about ways to limit the command set that can be executed on the remote
> server, shoulda bookmarked that page.

man sshd. :) I use the command parameter quite a bit for passwordless
keys. You simply have 'command=whatever' at the beginning of the key
in authorized_keys. Most of what I use it for is rsync backups from a
certain machine.

Tim

--
Tim Sailer <sailer at bnl.gov>
Information and Special Technologies Program