[nycphp-talk] transparent session ID not working

Rolan Yang rolan at omnistep.com
Mon Aug 15 18:29:30 EDT 2005

I try my best not to use header redirects if possible. Things get kind
of hairy sometimes.
In your case,  PHP might not be appending the sessions id's to your
header("Location:webform.php").
You might want to try something like:

if (!$_COOKIE['SID']) {    // if there is no session id cookie set,
redirect with the SID in the url.
    header("Location:webform.php?SID=$SID");
}
else {  // otherwise do a standard redirect
    header("Location:webform.php");
}

I haven't tested the above, but conceptually it should work.

~Rolan