[nycphp-talk] Newbie needs help - why PHP over ASP?

jedicool jedicool at tpg.com.au
Tue Aug 23 07:48:44 EDT 2005

Hello all,

A silly question perhaps but I'm fairly new to PHP and looking to do
some work on a new MySQL driven website - I have been asked to provide
reasons why PHP is a better option than ASP. I am not familiar with ASP
so if anyone out there can trash it for me... I mean give good reasons
why ASP should not be used for this application it would be really
useful! I'm hoping to use this project to really push my PHP learning so
I really don't want the owners of the site to go with ASP.

:)

Cheers,

Jay
South Australia