[nycphp-talk] Using Apache to Limit Number of Users in aDirectory

Peter Sawczynec ps at pswebcode.com
Thu Aug 25 07:59:41 EDT 2005

Ultimately, I found two available Apache mods called mod_throttle and
mod_bandwidth that can selectively throttle Apache. The documentation of
mod_bandwidth clearly showed it could throttle by directory and/or virtual
sites.

But I am instead first attempting to resolve my situation with more basic
techniques: Tuning Apache. Tuning MySQL. Building a slow-query log. Getting
more RAM (as it is actually called for). Revisiting the PHP code.

I can't find enough third-party endorsement of these throttling mods to go
right ahead with them.

Gracias compañero.

Peter