[nycphp-talk] Double Loading PHP as image - Firefox or PHP?

Mikko Rantalainen mikko.rantalainen at peda.net
Fri Dec 2 03:59:06 EST 2005

Mark Armendariz wrote:
>>	Depending on OS and other factors, removing and reinstalling Firefox
>>
>> might not have done anything whatsoever to which plugins are installed and
>> running.  Be careful about what you assume.
>
> Absolutely, I'd removed the entire folder post-uninstall.  I hadn't killed
> registry entries though.  May try that next.

As far as I know, FF doesn't store anything interesting in the
registry. It seems you're using MS Outlook and I'll just assume that
you're using Windows XP.

FF stores all your settings to your "profile". Pretty much all
recent extensions install into your profile directory. Your profile
directories will not be removed even if you uninstall the FF. You
can create an another profile for FF without removing you existing
one. See e.g. http://kb.mozillazine.org/Command_line_arguments

If you're wondering where the profile is stored by default, then
look here: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile

No need to guess, just RTFM.

--
Mikko