[nycphp-talk] OT: Freelance PHP gig Not Paying up!

Thu Dec 22 13:25:28 EST 2005

Jim Hendricks wrote:
> Errors.  Simply introduce code which
> once a set date is hit, cause the application to throw an error in a key
> area of the application.  When the customer calls to have it fixed, you
> say not until I receive payment for the app development, and advance
> payment for the estimated time to correct the "error".  Actual error
> correction was to remove this payment trap.

This is probably just semantics, but I think this is risky.

It's one thing to have an "auto-expiration" but it's totally different
about leaving critical "errors" in the system, let alone adding them.

I will go with the auto-expiration from here on out though.  ;)

--
D. Keith Casey Jr.
CEO, CaseySoftware, LLC