[nycphp-talk] Opinions Wanted: Data Management App

Allen Shaw ashaw at polymerdb.org
Wed Dec 28 16:10:39 EST 2005

 > but what you are not saying, though it seems to scream out from the post,
 > is that there is not much interest in it.  Am I correct?  Is the question
 > really, should I maintain this public project that nobody(for appropriate
 > values of 'nobody') is using?

The lack of interest thus far is not so much of a concern or surprise
for me. I should have mentioned that in fact I have done essentially no
promotion of this project. It's therefore natural and expected that I
don't have other people using it.  I release the code under an OS
license as a matter of principle, but I have not invested much time or
effort in talking it up.

More of an issue for me in this thread is whether such a project would
actually be useful for other people.  Are people -- the people on this
list -- looking for an Open Source PHP package that provides a
structured development environment for data management applications?

Your comments, and your web site, are quite thought-provoking for me in
this case.  I hope to hear more from others, as well.

Thanks,
Allen

Kenneth Downs wrote:
> Allen, I'll give it a go.