[nycphp-talk] Odd Results

inforequest 1j0lkq002 at sneakemail.com
Tue Feb 8 10:31:33 EST 2005

John,

I run 4 systems in my office and now avoid SP2 on all but the notebook.
XAMPP worked flawlessly on every one except the one that had SP2. I didn't
play with it I just wiped it and re-installed w/everything BUT SP2 and it
works fine.

Anectodal evidence, but backed up by a friend who just reported XAMPP
failure after accepting SP2. XAMPP should be easy uninstall, no registry
hooks, but a re-install didn't work either.

Not solid evidence by limited experience. I have had no trouble with direct
installs of PHP5/MySQL/Apache2 on XP either but again, I don't use SP2.

For the record I just now received a video card driver update from ATI to
fix SP2-related problems on XP. That's what, 8 months later? Now if I could
just eliminate the VIEWMGR.EXE crashes I just started getting...

-=john andrews