[nycphp-talk] user contributed notes on php.net

David Mintz dmintz at davidmintz.org
Mon Jan 10 16:39:33 EST 2005

Gee it must've been a worse sentence than I thought. My point is that they
apparently have all these plugins that use all kinds of computational
muscle to defeat comment-spamming, as opposed to the fairly new
MoveableType style system, which relies on the TypeKey authentication
service -- a modest PITA for the legitimate commenter, perhaps, but I have
found it 100% effective and stopping comment spamming.

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005, Aaron Fischer wrote:

> Um, can you explain this a bit?  I'm trying to understand what you're
> saying here, but my brain has come up with too many possibilities so I
> think it's just better to ask.
>
> I did notice that if a user wants to attach comments to a blog post,
> the following line precedes the comment form:
> "Line and paragraph breaks automatic, e-mail address never displayed,
> HTML allowed"
>
> Is that relevant to your comments?
>
> On Jan 10, 2005, at 4:07 PM, David Mintz wrote:
>
> >> WordPress
>
> > I've gotten the impression from browsing their site that their
> > anti-comment-spam approach is still essentially blacklist-based,[...]

---
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/

"Don't let the liberal media tell you what to think
and feel. If you have hatred in your heart, let it out."

   -- Clayton Bigsby, black white supremacist