[nycphp-talk] Session problem on virtual host?

Rolan Yang rolan at omnistep.com
Thu Jan 20 02:55:03 EST 2005

Does speakeasy employ clustering or load balancing on their web servers?
If they run multiple machines (with your home directory NFS mounted),
the sessions data could be written to /tmp on one machine and not the
other. This would result in your session disappearing if you hit the
"second" web server and also cause old data to reappear if you were to
hit the "first"/original one again.  Using the MySQL sessions handler
would prevent this problem.

~Rolan