[nycphp-talk] Migration to XAMPP

Phil Duffy phil at bearingasset.com
Sun Jan 23 14:45:10 EST 2005

I currently have PHP/MySQL installed on the following platforms:

 ~ Windows XP Pro/IIS 5.1/PHP 5.03/MySQL 4.1.4-gamma

 ~ SuSE Linix 9.0/Apache 2.0/PHP 4.3.3/MySQL 4.0.15

 I would like to install XAMPP on both the Windows and Linux platforms

 with these differences:

 ~ The Linux installation could be replaced if necessary.

 ~ I need to maintain the existing Windows installation, but create an

 additional Apache/PHP/MySQL stack.

What software do I need to de-install before doing an XAMPP

installation on both platforms?  Are there special considerations

because I would be installing XAMPP on the Windows system in parallel with
the existing Windows/IIS/AMP stack?

Thank you for your help.