[nycphp-talk] OT: curious router - server interaction problem

Michael Southwell michael.southwell at nyphp.org
Wed Jan 26 16:53:15 EST 2005

I know this is OT, but I also know that there are lots of smart people
here, so.....

I have a Linksys wireless-B router that works perfectly except that I can't
even ping 67.15.70.19.  If I bypass the router and go directly to the cable
box, no problem; if I (ahem) borrow my neighbor's wireless-G, again no
problem.  DNS information is correct.  Both Linksys and Optonline are
baffled.  I would appreciate it if others with a moment of spare time,
curiosity about this odd problem, and the same router, Linksys wireless-B,
specifically BEFW11S4 (which by the way has the latest firmware), could try
pinging and report to me OFFLIST what happens.  If you can connect, you
might try http://www.carolynbross.com which is what I'm trying to work
on.  If anyone else with different equipment has any anomalous result (I am
expecting everybody else to have no problem), I'd appreciate hearing about
that also.

Thanks in advance, and once again I apologize for this OT message.

Michael Southwell
VP, Education Department
New York PHP
michael.southwell at nyphp.org