[nycphp-talk] Redirect after post with "HTTP/1.1 303 See Other"

inforequest 1j0lkq002 at sneakemail.com
Wed Jan 26 21:29:11 EST 2005

inforequest 1j0lkq002-at-sneakemail.com |nyphp dev/internal group use|
wrote:

> Hans C. Kaspersetz hans-at-cyberxdesigns.com |nyphp dev/internal group
> use| wrote:
>
>> +1 Chris!  I owe you a cold adult beverage.
>> John, do you have an opinion on this?
>>
>> Hans
>>
> My opinion is that Dan and Chris are both brilliant and diligent.
>
> I have no experience with the 303, but I can inquire of Google and
> Yahoo! and ask around.
>
> If it works practically, it might be an answer to the flash detection
> issue (?). Since any redirect has potential for abuse, however if
> there was a way to do it without any redirection, of course that is best.
>
> -=john andrews

It appears from my read of past history that the 303 is treated like a
temporary redirect (e.g. untrusted, like a 302 or meta refresh)
This may be a case where using the 301 is "best" even though it may be
technically incorrect (?)