[nycphp-talk] MAMP setup tips wanted

Brent Baisley brent at landover.com
Mon Jan 31 11:12:57 EST 2005

There were quite a few issues with building from source under OS X
early on, but Apple has really come up to speed with the open source
compilers that now come with OS X. So, the rules are fairly close to
those of BSD.

But, for a nice easy install that won't require a command line, Marc
Liyanage maintains a Mac install of both PHP and MySQL at entropy.ch.
He includes detailed instructions for multiple versions. He's done a
really fine job and has been staying on top of things for a couple of
years now.