[nycphp-talk] [OT] Consulting work

Chris Shiflett shiflett at php.net
Fri Jul 1 19:14:07 EDT 2005

Matt Juszczak wrote:
> I'm a PHP/FreeBSD/Linux guy and make $15/hour

If this is in the US (I realize other countries pay very little, and I
don't want to be insensitive), then you should leave. I can't even think
of a caveat to that. I suppose that if it's for a non-profit, and you
consider your employment to be a cross between a paying job and a
volunteer one, then it might be tolerable.

I despise companies that take advantage of their employees. There's no
excuse for it - they only do it because they can get away with it. If
they offer you a raise when you mention leaving, you should leave
anyway. They've already committed their crime.

Chris

--
Chris Shiflett
Brain Bulb, The PHP Consultancy